Thursday, March 29, 2012

Passover Thumbprint Cookies

I found this recipe in my Mom's hand written cook book a while back and I thought I would try them this year for Passover. As I said in an earlier post next week is going to be really crazy and I will not be able to make anything right before the Seder, so I made these today and into the freezer they will go when they cool completely.

Ingredients:

-1/2 Cup oil
-1 Cup sugar
-4 eggs
-1 Tablespoon fresh lemon juice
-1 Tablespoon grated lemon peel
-1 1/2 Cups cake meal
-1 Cup potato starch
- 1/2 Teaspoon Cinnamon
-About half a jar of jam (I used a four fruit preserve)

Yields about 5 dozen cookies

Steps:

1. Cream sugar and oil together.

2. Beat in eggs one at a time.

3. Add lemon juice and lemon peel

4. In a separate bowl combine cake meal, potato starch and cinnamon.

5. Gradually add dry mixture to wet mixture. Mixture will be semi stiff.

6. Let dough sit in the fridge for 1 to 1 1/2 hours.

7. Make bite sized balls of dough and place on a cookie sheet (these do not spread so don't worry about how close you put them.)

8. With your thumb make a depression into the center of each ball. (I usually make the depression a little larger because I like a larger Jam to cookie ratio)

9. Fill each depression with any flavor jam.


10. Bake 12 minutes in a 400 degree oven until lightly brown. (Use a lighter colored cookie sheet otherwise the bottoms will get dark before the tops get lightly brown.)





1 comment: