-1/2 Cup oil
-1 Cup sugar
-1 Tablespoon fresh lemon juice
-1 Tablespoon grated lemon peel
-1 1/2 Cups cake meal
-1 Cup potato starch
- 1/2 Teaspoon Cinnamon
-About half a jar of jam (I used a four fruit preserve)
Yields about 5 dozen cookies
1. Cream sugar and oil together.
2. Beat in eggs one at a time.
3. Add lemon juice and lemon peel
4. In a separate bowl combine cake meal, potato starch and cinnamon.
5. Gradually add dry mixture to wet mixture. Mixture will be semi stiff.
6. Let dough sit in the fridge for 1 to 1 1/2 hours.
7. Make bite sized balls of dough and place on a cookie sheet (these do not spread so don't worry about how close you put them.)
8. With your thumb make a depression into the center of each ball. (I usually make the depression a little larger because I like a larger Jam to cookie ratio)
9. Fill each depression with any flavor jam.
10. Bake 12 minutes in a 400 degree oven until lightly brown. (Use a lighter colored cookie sheet otherwise the bottoms will get dark before the tops get lightly brown.)